3.6.0 -> 3.9.0 migration problem - Permission denied for action count on class Fixture

Having upgraded to 3.9.0 from 3.3.0 I’m having problems querying an object. The error returned is:

error: Parse error: Permission denied for action count on class Fixture. {"code":119,"stack":"Error: Permission denied for action count on class Fixture.\n    at Function.validatePermission (/node_modules/parse-server/lib/Controllers/SchemaController.js:1299:11)\n    at SchemaController.validatePermission (/node_modules/parse-server/lib/Controllers/SchemaController.js:1304:29)\n    at schemaController.getOneSchema.catch.then.schema (/node_modules/parse-server/lib/Controllers/DatabaseController.js:1126:65)\n    at <anonymous>\n    at process._tickDomainCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:228:7)"

I’ve concluded that both the records ACL and the CLP allow read access.

Could it be related to this PR? https://github.com/parse-community/parse-server/pull/5841

If anybody has seen this before, please let me know.

EDIT:

Tested on versions 3.4.0, 3.5.0, 3.6.0 and all is well.
Couldn’t test 3.7.0, 3.7.1, 3.7.2 as either the APN module was missing, or the tag doesn’t exist in npm
Failed with the error above on 3.8.0

Thanks,
W

So - it turns out CLP’s were incorrect, but I needed to update the parse dashboard for the count CLP UI to appear.

Looks like your current objects will not have it defaulted on, so you’ll need to head to each Object and edit the CLP in the newest parse-dashboard.

1 Like