Help to install Parse Server

I am using back4app and it works fine login via google account in my app… but when I install the Parse Server myself, it doesn’t work properly in the app, I can’t login using google account on my own app.

Please help where the error lies, my application uses Facebook login (works fine), Google account (does not work if using Parse server self-hosted but work fine if using back4app)… and help me import data to my Parse Server.

I’ll pay for this, but I hope it works out well.

To use the Google auth adapter, it needs to be configured in Parse Server. You may want to take a look at this thread on how to set up Google auth adapter, as the docs still need to be updated. If it still fails, you may want to look into the Parse Server logs to find out why it fails.

Importing data is a database task, you would export data from the current database and import into the new database. This has to be done manually, Parse Server does not currently offer a built-in way to bulk export / import data.

We certainly appreciate if you back our community.

1 Like

Importing data is a database task, you would export data from the current database and import into the new database. This has to be done manually, Parse Server does not currently offer a built-in way to bulk export / import data.

i am new in parse server. So, when I tried back4app it had an import file option on the edit menu tab in the dashboard parse.

but I don’t see the import file on the parse server that I installed, how do I add the import file menu in json or csv format?

I don’t really understand how to import files via ssh to my parse server

This feature does not exist in Parse Server. Data is imported directly into the database, so you would use the tools provided by the new database to manually import. If you are using MongoDB, you can use mongoimport to import the data.

This feature does not exist in Parse Server. Data is imported directly into the database, so you would use the tools provided by the new database to manually import. If you are using MongoDB, you can use mongoimport to import the data.

can you tell me more simply what command should i write to ssh? I still don’t understand when I read Mongoimport.

i have a backup of the json file that i got from back4app, i plan to import the file from my computer to the parse server i installed.

I’m trying to import a json file via the mongoDB tools, my file has 3000 users. But when I try to import it only shows “id” and “result”, it should show lots of columns and rows. how to break it down?

on the parse server it looks like this.

it shouldn’t be like that. how to handle it?

Mongo use normally Bson import/export format.
Did you use mongodump utils to create the export ?

Mongo use normally Bson import/export format.
Did you use mongodump utils to create the export ?

I export the file from back4app, it automatically json format … no bson or csv there. I tried to import the file to the parse server, and as you can see above. is there a way i can fix it? at least break that file

@aulia182 It seems you are asking for help about the same issue in Help to install parse until it works fine. Please avoid creating multiple posts for the same question.

@aulia182 It seems you are asking for help about the same issue in Help to install parse until it works fine. Please avoid creating multiple posts for the same question.

all I need is a help, not just a comment

I’ve combined the topics, you are less likely to have your issue resolved if you create multiple posts. @Manuel has been kindly answering your questions. Please be aware that this is not a paid support forum.

yes, even on this forum I didn’t get good answers

As I said this is a community forum - you are not paying for a service. If that is a problem I suggest you pick up a paid plan on Back4App or Sashido and make use of their support.

Consider this as an official warning; if you continue to disrespect the goodwilled assistance and time of other community members I will close this topic.

1 Like

I created an example on how to import data to a Parse Server a while back ago. It should work for importing the json file that we export at Back4App dashboard.

I created an example on how to import data to a Parse Server a while back ago. It should work for importing the json file that we export at Back4App dashboard.

I tried it and it failed, could you please explain what url should I fill in what url? because I use ip not domain … then in the data.json section do you save it on your computer? and in the id and restkey section, is it the self hosted parse server or from back4app?

As I said this is a community forum - you are not paying for a service. If that is a problem I suggest you pick up a paid plan on Back4App or Sashido and make use of their support.

Consider this as an official warning; if you continue to disrespect the goodwilled assistance and time of other community members I will close this topic.

you threaten, not help

you need to use the server url, id and key of the server you want to import to. The file need to be in your local computer. It is just an example. You may need to change it a little bit according to your needs.