Open Collective budget / finding new contributors / strategy

In terms of SDK support, it sounds like there is a problem with managing to keep the SDKs updated. The majority of the focus is on the core server and the JS SDK. Having lots of SDKs to maintain can create a problem as it’s hard keeping them in sync with a) themselves, but b) the server core.

I’m not sure if it’s changed recently, but there was also a problem in a differing interface.

Would it make sense to push hard on getting the graphQL changes into the core, as this could eliminate the need for the SDKs as you could use an off the shelf client?

1 Like

I started to do roadmaps a while ago but there weren’t any takers. Maybe we should change the way we approach them. I can think of a dozen more features we could implement.

I had the idea of giving some of these away.

1 Like

Discussion on the creation of a road map has now been split into a separate topic.

1 Like

How much does the parse group pay for hosting? Are there any overheads, if so, probably best if the money was set aside to assist in this area. I noticed a mention that this forum costs some cash, is it recurring?

Swag is always good - Love the T-Shirt, When you contribute to Gitlab, they send you a link to a shop, meaning that they don’t give stuff away for free, but you can buy special contributors only merch.

W

1 Like

These are the only costs that @flovilmart has submitted to the open collective but I’m not aware if there are or aren’t any other expenses. Any ideas @acinader?

@awgeorge & @TomWFox you can see both the contributions and the expenses here:

https://opencollective.com/parse-server#about

We have what we need to cover the expenses as they exist, but what could we do with the balance?