Push Notification android cannot resolve ParseFirebaseInstanceIdService

I’m following this tutorial for implementing push notifications. Tutorial says add this lines to your manifiest file

<service
    android:name="com.parse.fcm.ParseFirebaseInstanceIdService"
    android:exported="true">
    <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="com.google.firebase.INSTANCE_ID_EVENT" />
    </intent-filter>
</service>

But when I add, Android studio highlightes the class name “ParseFirebaseInstanceIdService” with red color and says Unresolved class. But android studio building apk succesfully. Should I ignore this error or this is not an expected behaviour?

My gradle file:

implementation "com.github.parse-community.Parse-SDK-Android:parse:1.20.0"
implementation "com.github.parse-community.Parse-SDK-Android:fcm:1.20.0"

implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-messaging:20.0.0'

Hi @uzaysan,

It seems to be related to the com.google.firebase:firebase-messaging version which you configured in your build.gradle file, please change it to:

implementation "com.github.parse-community.Parse-SDK-Android:parse:1.20.0"
implementation "com.github.parse-community.Parse-SDK-Android:fcm:1.20.0"

implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-messaging:17.6.0'
implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-core:16.0.8'

Additionally, I am sending you some necessary settings that you need to add in your Android project:

1. Open the build.gradle (Project) file and in the dependencies tag add the following code:
 classpath 'com.google.gms:google-services:4.0.1'
  1. Then, open build.gradle (Module:app) file and, on the top of the file, add the code below.
apply plugin: 'com.google.gms.google-services'
1 Like

Hi Thank you for answer. But I propably will send notifications with firebase-admin sdk in cloud code. Parse notifications looks complicated to me.

Hi @uzaysan!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I’ll be glad to help you, please, feel free to send here any error that you’re facing to configure push notifications in your android project.

1 Like

I actually bypassed parse push sdk and sending push notifications by directly firebase-admin. I’m also planning to make a tutorial. Will share in this forum when it’s ready