Vote for the introduction of a paid contributors program

Proposal

In an effort to maintain the quality and timely development of the Parse Platform, I propose the Parse Community pay a monthly stipend to contributors who have demonstrated a consistent, positive contribution to the community.

The goal is to compensate individual contributors for whom the payments will be a material incentive to continue their contributions. The number of core contributors receiving funds must be less than a majority of the members.

It is our belief that demonstrating that funds are being used to directly improve Parse can be used to increase the number of individuals and companies contributing money to support the development of Parse.

This is a pilot program whose effectiveness will be evaluated over time.

Each month the recipient will submit a payment request to our Open Collective for review and approval. The payment request should include a brief summary of the month’s activities to make transparency easy for any observer.

We would also like to propose the first members of this program and their stipend for the month of June. The members we propose are @dplewis to be paid $300 and @TomWFox to be paid $100. Proposed members will not participate in this vote.

Vote

All members of the community are welcome to vote. This proposal is seeking a consensus approval and the vote will be open for 72 hours.

If you do not feel able to participate in the vote you can abstain. However, it can be more helpful to cast a +0 or -0 vote, since this allows the team to gauge the general feeling of the community.

If you oppose the action ( -1 vote) please reply to this topic with a justification and a proposal of alternative action.

If you have any questions/concerns please reply to this post and I will do my best to answer.

Please be aware that votes are public.

• +1 ‘yes’, ‘agree’: also willing to help bring about the proposed action
  • +0 ‘yes’, ‘agree’: not willing or able to help bring about the proposed action
  • -0 ‘no’, ‘disagree’: but will not oppose the action’s going forward
  • -1 ‘no’, ‘disagree’: opposes the action’s going forward and must propose an alternative action to address the issue (or a justification for not addressing the issue)

0 voters

1 Like