Adding users to _Role via Parse Dashboard fails

So I just encountered this error where I cannot add existing users to roles via Parse Dashboard.

In the _Role class, by clicking the “View relation” arrow under “users” field it will go to a new view with all the users related to that specific Role.

However, when I try “edit” > “Attach Existing Row” I get this error when I add the objectId of my user. Basically not allowing me to attach any user to any role I have.

As you can see, this is a fresh install of Parse-Server and Dashboard as I also encountered this on my development install and wanted to see if a fresh install also gets me the error.

I was wondering if anyone here can go and try it out on your installations and see if you get the same error.

My install are with these dependencies which are the latest versions:

"express": "^4.18.1",
        "parse-dashboard": "^4.1.1",
        "parse-server": "^5.2.1"

Any help would be appreciated. If it is truly a bug, I’ll go open up an issue in github.

1 Like

So this seems to be a bug where you have to just manually reload the view and is affecting all relation fields.

Clicking on any “view relation” link from relation fields will just draw a blank until you reload the view manually. Doing so will get everything working.