Can someone explain parse better

Hello, Im isaq I lack the ability to understand text easily so if I’m going to read something I need to have it directly what does it do what is it. Is it something you integrate into your app and then you use their servers to send and receive messages or what is parse.

Parse is an open-source framework for rapid backend development. The main feature is the database api: you design your data schema, and Parse automatically generates REST and GraphQL APIs. In addition to that, Parse provides many other features, such as cloud code functions, push notifications, third-party authentication, dashboard to manage the data, and SDKs to connect to the API from your preferred frontend technology.

If you have a RCD, here more simple:

Parse Platform works between your app and your server. If you develop an app, you want features like user login, push notifications, data management and more. Parse Platform makes this easier for you. Parse Platform does a lot automatically so you write less code.

In your app you integrate a Parse Platform client SDK. There is a different SDK for every platform, like Apple iOS or Google Android. Your app communicates with the SDK and the SDK communicates with Parse Server.

Here is an example:

To create a new user account your app simply calls the SDK with a username and password. The SDK sends this information to Parse Server. Parse Server automatically creates a new user account. Parse Server also creates a user session token. Parse Server sends the token back to the SDK. The SDK securely stores the token. The next time the user opens the app, the user doesn’t have to enter the username and password again. The app uses the stored token to authenticate with the server. This is all done automatically by Parse Platform.

You can find Parse Server as a hosted service, or you can set up Parse Server yourself. If you just are new to Parse Platform, a hosted service may be easier to get started.

If you need more information let us know. If you have suggestions for how to make our docs more accessible and easier to read, please open an issue in the docs repository on GitHub.

We hope you enjoy using Parse Platform and can’t wait to see what you build with it!

1 Like