Duplicate "graphql" modules cannot be used at the same time since different

I have updated parse dashboard and parse server from
"parse-dashboard": "^2.0.3",
"parse-server": "^3.10.0"
my package.json:
"parse-dashboard": "^2.1.0",
"parse-server": "^4.2.0",
then I start to receive:
Duplicate "graphql" modules cannot be used at the same time since different versions may have different capabilities and behavior. The data from one the version used in the function from another could produce confusing and spurious results.
I checked the pacakge.json of parse dashboard and parse server and found that they are using a different versions of graphql
parse dashboard using:
"graphql": "14.6.0",
parse server using:
"graphql": "15.0.0",
does using a different versions of the package causing the issue or something else?

UPDATE:
adding resolutions to the package.json:
"resolutions": { "graphql": "15.0.0" }
will solve the issue and it confirms that the different version of “graphql” in the dashboard and parse-server is the main cause

Yes thanks for report, i opened an issue on this; you are right, differents versions of graphql on a same project lead to this type of issue… our dep bot have updated parse-server too early with the new version of graphql (v15).

In your use case using resolution is a solution (thanks to yarn). But we know that it’s not suitable for further updates.

We probably need to switch to a peer dependency package strategy to let user choosing their own graphQL version.

Just a question here: can you provide your package.json ?. Do you have a graphql package listed directly in your dependencies or devDependencies ?

no i don’t have it listed in my package.json
package.json:

"dependencies": {
    "express": "^4.17.1",
    "kerberos": "~0.0.x",
    "parse": "~1.8.0",
    "parse-dashboard": "^2.1.0",
    "parse-server": "^4.2.0",
  }

only got these dependencies

Thanks for your report: if you want to track the evolution of the issue and solutions: https://github.com/parse-community/parse-server/issues/6732

1 Like