iOS Sdk Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840

I have seen various threads on this in the community here, but haven’t seen any kind of solution.

I’m on iOS 1.19.3, Parse server 5.4. We are running mongodb on Heroku.

I have this issue where intermittently I’m getting the following error back whether I’m querying the database or when calling a PFCloud function:

Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 “JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. around line 1, column 0.” UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. around line 1, column 0., NSJSONSerializationErrorIndex=0}

This seems to have come about when we upgraded to 4.5, but I can’t be sure.

The issue is that I have 2 apps that are running virtually the same login and sign on code, and one app never gets the error, and the other is getting it constantly. Both apps are on the same SDK version, 1.19.3, and there is no change in the behavior if I build them with 1.91.4.

I’ve tried to look for any configuration differences between the apps, and can’t find anything. I clone my code, run a pod install, and build. One app works fine, the other is getting this error. They are both hitting the same server, so the same backend version.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, come up with a solution?