Parse waits till TCP timeout to disconnect offline users

If any user goes offline, the ideal expectation parse will ping and close that connection but instead, it doesn’t. TCP timeout occurs after 15minutes of inactivity and socket closes happens at that time. any workaround to handle this?

@davimacedo any idea on this to fix this? Thanks

You are talking about clients connected to Live Query, right? Anyways I believe the 15min can be set in your reverse proxy configuration.

yes. the clients connected to the live query. I see an option from server to client ping which by default is 10 sec, we are not disconnecting if the client is disconnected during ping, wanted to understand whether that was intentional.

yes. the clients connected to the live query. I see an option from server to client ping which by default is 10 sec, we are not disconnecting if the client is disconnected during ping, wanted to understand whether that was intentional.

I don’t see any code in place to handle ping errors but maybe we should add something here: parse-server/ParseWebSocketServer.js at 929c4e1b0d265a83d2f6d4b683814a9dfa0f4864 · parse-community/parse-server · GitHub

Btw, how did you figured out that the connections are not being closed?

In the server I can see the connection has been established(netstat -a) in one of the port where it was connected and it was kept open for 15 mins. After reading about it found that it was due to TCP default timeout and not really from parse end