Reset password flow - no backend code

Hi, I read docs, email adapter is set and now I can’t figure out what is next.

I have a link with token and username params:

token=B3yGd3WmzcqVdK9LSLrz825WM&username=test

Now I don’t understand what I should be doing with the token? I have web-app, I will create reset view with a form for password and stuff, but where and what do I send back to Parse server in order to update a user password without a sessionId?

I assume reset flow doesn’t require backend code (with masterKey in it) that takes reset form in order to update user password.

Thank you.

Why don’t you use Parse Server default implementation? You can customize this file to use your own style: parse-server/choose_password at master · parse-community/parse-server · GitHub

Anyways, if you want to create your own implementation, you can refer to Parse Server implementation: parse-server/PublicAPIRouter.js at master · parse-community/parse-server · GitHub

Oh, I didn’t realize there was a page built into parse server, I assume parse sever was 100% API only. Thank you!

I don’t want to implement backend. Is there an API call that takes token, new password, without session & without master key and changes password for the user?

Sorry, I was a bit confused. Im developing locally running services in docker with local ip and didn’t bother adjusting PARSE_PUBLIC_SERVER_URL since it didn’t impact any API calls. Also I assumed Parse doesn’t have any backend pages…

Yes. It has. If you set PARSE_PUBLIC_SERVER_URL to your parse server container ip and port, you will be able to open the link that was sent by e-mail and see the page.

Is there an API call that takes token, new password, without session & without master key and changes password for the user?

You can send a request to this Parse Server route that I shared to you.

I see, thank you. I’ll give it a try.