Seeing many calls to /parse/functions/userNotLoggedIn

I’m in the process of debugging our Parse server running on Heroku, and I’m seeing a lot of requests like this (using BetterStack):

“path”:"/parse/functions/userNotLoggedIn"

I have searched in my cloud code and online, and I cannot find what that function anywhere. Does anyone know something about this endpoint, what it does, and why I would be seeing it so often?

It’s been some time since I posted this question, and now the issue has come back onto my radar. Something is calling a cloud function named “userNotLoggedIn” but I cannot figure out who is doing it. I have ruled out our Android and Windows app and plan to talk to our iOS and Mac developer today.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Here is the full callstack of the error I’m seeing in our DataDog logging:

error: Invalid function: "userNotLoggedIn" {"code":141,"stack":"Error: Invalid function: \"userNotLoggedIn\"
    at handleCloudFunction (/app/node_modules/parse-server/lib/Routers/FunctionsRouter.js:109:13)
    at /app/node_modules/parse-server/lib/PromiseRouter.js:74:20
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)"}

I’m assuming the call has to be originating from one of our apps or from the Cloud Code, and I have confirmed our cloud code is not calling this function. It sounds silly, I know, but is it possible this function is getting called internally by Parse?

Not coming from Parse: https://github.com/search?q=org%3Aparse-community%20%20userNotLoggedIn&type=code

Look at your server logs to determine the originating IP. Or implement the function just to log the request obj that is being sent.

1 Like

If each of your client apps has a unique client key or something like that in the HTTP headers, that might be helpful for debugging.