How could I predefine my schemas in the parse server cloud side?

Hello,

I am new to Parse Server, and now trying out the parse-server-example, I just would like to know how could I define my schemas beforehand in the cloud side, so when do the first post request via rest api, it will follow the valiadation of my schemas.

I searched docs but only found below:

And seems no related info for the parse-server cloud side:

Any one could please kindly help? Thanks a lot.

I have also found this link, adding a schema via rest api. But I just would like initialize my schemas when parse server start (also need check if the schemas already to avoid repeating adding the same schemas).

Hi @xeoshow and welcome! Predefined schemas are currently not supported, however @sadortun and @Moumouls have almost finished their PR which will make this feature part of the V5 release.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,
Got it, thanks so much again for your kind help! :slightly_smiling_face:
And another question: when will parse server V5 be released? And the V5 codebase is a big change from V4 or totally rewrite from scratch?

We are expecting V5 in the next month or so. V5 does contain some breaking changes and security improvements, but the core Parse Server will be mostly the same :blush:

Hi Daniel,
Looks like the Examples there got 404 error:

Examples:

How to use it in for Parse-server initialization :
https://github.com/sadortun/GoPlan-app/blob/feat-holding-history/backend/src/server.ts#L73

How to define your schemas :
https://github.com/sadortun/GoPlan-app/tree/feat-holding-history/backend/src/Migrations/schemas

You would have to ask @sadortun, that’s his repo :blush:

Hi Guys,

Best way to get you started is to have a look at our open source project using it

You can add this to your config

And add your schemas:

We plan to implement unique indexes soon too.

For this you’ll need to use the code from the pr_migration branch from :

Note that the master branch have other currently PRs pending review. So it’s up to you, but using the pr_migration branch is probably a bit more stable.

PLEASE OPEN ISSUES ON OUR FORK IF YOU FiND ISSUES OR HAVE SUGGESTIONS FOR THE MIGRATION PR

Enjoy!

1 Like

Warm community and great thanks!

Found below schema definition part, and a further question: could it be possible that we generate the rest api document based on this schema definition with adding comments info for all fields?

So when schemas changes, we could easily resync the api doc with further details for all classes.