Whats; the EXAMPLE app used for ? What is the difference between the server and EXAMPLE ?
The difference between the two is that:
- parse-server is the raw Parse Server module itself
- parse-server-example is an application in which Parse Server is added as a sub-module, which gives you space to code around / for Parse Server
To kick-start creating your own Parse Server application we created and recommend the parse-server-example repository.
As analogy, if you eat out in a pizzeria, you likely wouldn’t go to the oven and philosophize with the pizzaiolo about the dough (although that can be good advice sometimes).
Instead you would:
- sit at a table (parse-server-example application)
- talk to the waiter (npm)
- order your Pizza (already added parse-server module)
- order side dishes (other modules you may want to add to your application)
- enjoy the bread sticks already on the table (already added modules for code testing, code quality)